Thoughts on a ThursdayPosted: October 20, 2011
Paul Rudd is my #1 celebrity crush, ever.
It all started with Clueless, back when I was in high school.
I think my favorite Paul Rudd movie is I Love You, Man. But, really- it’s hard to pick. There are SO many good ones.
I even love him in Our Idiot Brother when he’s a bearded hippie.
You’re welcome, ladies.
Hope everyone is having a great Thursday! I’m excited because I’m heading south for a little getaway with my husband after work today. We’re driving about 3 hours to Charlottesville, VA. We don’t really have any set plans, just a list of things we would like to do while down there (hike, drink wine, eat, etc.) It will be really nice to just get away from everything stressful and do whatever we want for a few days!
I just wanted to discuss a few things going on in my world right now, and a few updates.
1. I’ve decided to get certified to teach Bodypump! I’m working with the aerobic coordinator at the gym I teach at to find a training and make this a reality. I’m really excited for it- and really I should have done this YEARS ago when I first thought about getting the certification. I just didn’t want to fork over the money back then, but I know that eventually, I’ll earn it back, and then some. When I went back to Bodypump for the first time in over a year last week, I remembered HOW MUCH I really loved it, and was happy that I still remembered so many of the releases/routines. So hopefully, within a few months, I’ll be teaching it!
2. I did really, really well with my mindful eating last week. I don’t know how- I just got in this mindset and was able to get past those “trigger times” for me to snack (like right when I get home from work) and have been making sure that I eat enough during the day to keep me satisfied. It’s the times when I’m practically starving when I get home that I don’t put much thought into what I eat, and that’s what sabotages me. I had a little slip-up Monday and Tuesday of this week, because I was just out of my routine. But the key is to just get right back on track and not give up completely because of one bad day or one bad meal. And yes, I know. It’s OKAY to cheat sometimes!
3. I can’t believe that there is so much Christmas stuff in stores already. I went to buy some fall/Halloween garb last weekend, and was bombarded with all of the Christmas decorations. I could barely find anything for fall! I LOVE Christmas and the whole month that comes before it, but seriously- ONE holiday at a time, people!
4. My husband’s work just bought him an iPad 2. Just to play around with it. How awesome is that? And how jealous am I?
5. And speaking of technology- I need a new cell phone soon. I have a Droid 2 and can’t decide whether to get an iPhone or a Droid 3. Any thoughts?