Happy things and a surveyPosted: January 17, 2012
Even though I’m still sick, two things managed to brighten up my morning.
We got our plane tickets for Colorado in May! Greg and I usually don’t book travel this far in advance, but tickets were going for $129 one-way. Crazy! I’ll be attending the Blend retreat while we are out there, amongst other things like hiking, visiting family, and drinking a lot of craft beer. So excited!!
2. My mother-in-law emailed me a photo of her breakfast this morning:
Oat bran with berries! I’m so proud!
1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday?
Sleep in until at least 7:00, do some yoga, eat breakfast while reading blogs, hit the farmer’s market, go for a hike with the dogs and husband, make a fabulous dinner at home with my sous-chef (Greg) and watch a movie. That’s my perfect (and wild and crazy!) Saturday!
2) List your top three favorite TV shows.
My three favorite shows of all time, in this order are: Six Feet Under (just like Lee!), My So-Called Life and Felicity
(Freaks and Geeks and The Wonder Years would be next!)
Of the shows that are currently on tv: Parenthood, Modern Family, 30 Rock (I didn’t list any trashy reality shows! ;))
3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them?
I love to take pictures, obviously. I don’t mind being in them- but have to approve them first. 🙂
4) Why do you blog?
I love to share my ideas with others- if I find something that I love, I feel the need to spread the word! I have always been a fan of keeping a journal- whether it’s a hand-written diary or a LiveJournal like I did in college. It’s fun to look back at where you were at a certain time in your life!
5) Share five websites that you visit regularly
6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be?
I don’t “tweet” but if I could have lunch with a celebrity, I’d probably choose Bob Harper. LOVE HIM.
7) List a few of your favorite snacks.
Smoothie made with Vega Health Optimizer, Greek Yogurt + Fruit, Cereal, Protein muffins, Any fruit
8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind?
I have two fur children named Jackson and Lance that I LOVE TO DEATH and spoil rotten. They are 2-year old Golden Retrievers that are from the same litter! I’ve had them since they were 8 weeks old. 🙂
9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without?
My Subaru wagon
Camelbak Groove water bottle
10) What’s your favorite drink?
Beer. Good beer. CRAFT beer.
11) Do you enjoy cooking?
I love cooking! I just wish I had more time for it.
12) Do you have children?
Not yet. Maybe in the near-ish future… I’m so spring chicken.
13) What are your favorite hobbies?
hiking, playing with my dogs, blogging (and reading blogs), working out, hanging with my husband, browsing through Whole Foods and similar stores
14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
Very outgoing. I teach high school as my full-time job and teach group exercise as a part-time job. That kind of breaks you out of your shell. 🙂
15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change?
I wouldn’t be so hard on myself and always strive for perfection (which is impossible).
16) Who is your favorite actor/actress?
I love Paul Rudd. I don’t know if I’d say he’s my favorite actor of all-time, but he is certainly my favorite “current” actor. I guess I’d go with Tina Fey as “current” actress?
17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week?
In the last two days? Came home to my two loving pups after being away from them all weekend. 🙂
18) Do you live near your family or far from them?
Very close. I’m about 30 minutes away from either of my parents. I’ve never lived outside of Maryland (which will hopefully soon change).
19) List three of your talents.
I am a great public speaker. I rarely get nervous- I think a lot of this is due to years of being a teacher.
I’m pretty good at making healthy versions of high-calorie recipes (and making them taste good!)
I’m pretty crafty and whip up some great DIY projects
20) What is your greatest attribute?
I don’t know… maybe my ability to teach others? Or maybe my organizational skills? This is a hard one.
I want to hear from you: Pick one (or more!) question on this survey and answer it!