Those randoms…Posted: February 2, 2012
Hey, Lee– Thanks for tagging my in your “randoms” post, as I had nothing interesting to write about today. 🙂 Actually, Annette tagged me to answer questions the other day, but I didn’t read all the rules and did it incorrectly. 😦
For those of you who didn’t click on the links, I was tagged by Lee to list 11 random facts about myself, and then to also answer 11 questions of her choosing. I’ve been reading these surveys on several blogs for the past week, and now it’s my turn. Here goes:
11 random facts about me:
1. I have a very blended family which includes one (full blood) brother, 1 stepbrother, 2 step sisters, 1 half brother (who is 15) and and 1 half sister (who is 14). And my stepmother is exactly 10 years and 1 day older than me.
2. My favorite condiment is mustard, and I like all varieties (although my favorite is Westbrae stoneground mustard). I even put it on pizza.
3. Right after graduating college, I decided that I wanted to do something completely different than what my degree was in. So, I went to graduate school and got a teaching degree. I still don’t really know what I want to be when I grow up. 🙂
4. How we got our dogs was completely random. Greg and I had been talking about adopting an older Golden Retriever from rescue organization that we belong to. One day at work, an email was sent around that one of the custodians’ dogs had a litter of GR puppies and that they just wanted them to go to good home (and were sold for a very low cost). We went to look at them and picked out Jackson, and Greg spent the rest of the night trying to convince me that we needed to get two. The next morning I emailed the owner and put Lance on hold for us too.
5. In high school and college I went to concerts practically every weekend. Some of the best live acts I’ve ever seen are Coldplay (at the 930 club in DC, right before their 2nd album came out!), Radiohead and Ben Folds (not with the band- just a piano). Some of my favorite memories from high school were from attending the HFStival every year.
6. I took an intense 12 week course to become a personal trainer, but have yet to take the exam (and the course was over 2 years ago).
7. Greg and I have a bucket list goal to see a baseball game (preferably Red Sox) together at every MLB stadium. So far we have only knocked out Baltimore, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver and Boston. (We have a long way to go.)
8. My first car ever was an ’89 Chevy Caprice station wagon with woodgrain paneling. When I was in high school, my dream was to follow Phish on tour and just live out of my car (thank goodness I aspired to loftier goals!).
9. I was very active in community theater as a child and in high school, but haven’t been in a show since 1996.
10. I really, really want to be on the show The Amazing Race and think that Greg and I would be an unbeatable team. We should probably actually try out for it.
11. I had my tounge pierced for 12 years. I took it out for good 2 years ago.
Here are the questions that Lee asked me:
1. What was (or is) your major in college? In undergrad, I majored in Graphic Design. My master’s degree is K-12 Art Education.
2. What is your favorite form of exercise? Indoors: Spinning and Bodypump (shocking, I know). Outdoors would definitely be hiking (although I do it more for fun than exercise).
3. What’s your guilty pleasure? “Girly” reality shows: The Karsdashians, The Real Housewives and The Bachelor are my poison.
4. Do you tell people about your blog or is it sort of secret? I don’t share it with my co-workers, but definitely tell friends about it. I share very few posts on Facebook- only the ones that I think are particularly awesome.
5. What food do you hate? This is a tough one, as I like almost anything! I guess I’d have to go with Blue or Gorgonzola cheese. YUCK.
6. What’s the last book that you read? Mindy Kaling’s Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me. I don’t read a lot of books.
7. Mac or PC? 100% Mac. I’ve never even owned a PC and don’t plan to. Ever.
8. If you could go anywhere on your next vacation, where would you go? Probably Hawaii… or Australia… or South Africa… I’ve also never been to Europe and would really like to visit any country overseas.
9. What habit that you have would you like to change? I don’t know if it’s a habit as much as a quality, but I’d like to be more patient and think a little more before I react.
10. What’s your favorite beverage (alcoholic or non)? Alch: Beer Non: Almond milk or water
11. What’s your go-to dinner when you don’t want to cook? I’m not sure I completely understand the question (does this mean where I would eat out?)…. that would be either Pho from Viet Gourmet or a salad at our fave local Mexican joint. My “non-cook” go to dinner at home would be a gigantic smoothie with lots of toppings.
Now for my questions:
1. What/when was your first concert?
2. Are you a cat or dog person (or neither?!?!)
3. What’s your favorite vacation destination in the continental U.S.?
4. Who is your celebrity crush?
5. What kind of car do you drive (and what kind of car do you wish you drove)?
6. Have you met any ‘real life’ friends through blogging?
7. Would you rather shop for groceries or clothing?
8. List 5 things that you keep in your fridge at all times.
9. What is your ideal career?
10. Can you (or could you ever) play an instrument?
11. What’s your favorite hot beverage?
These are the people I tag:
(I know that some of you have already been tagged, so feel free to just answer my questions and nothing else if you want!)
1. Annette from Enjoy Your Healthy Life
2. Ashley from Coffee Cake and Cardio
3. Erin from A Girl and her Mutt
4. Jenny from Frankly Fatso
5. Corrie Anne from Corrie Ann
6. Tiffany from Snack Snark Bark
7. Marie from Feeding Five
8. Sara from Que Sera Sara
9. Lynne from LG Smash
10. Diana from My Marble Rye
11. Beth from Beth’s Journey
Rules For Bloggers: (you must repost these)
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people!
Since this post contains no new photos, just like yesterday’s (where I posted one of Jackson) here’s an old photo of Lance, so as to not play favorites.
For anyone reading- feel free to answer any questions from the list!