March Goals! (and February Check-In)Posted: March 1, 2012
Hooray for March!! I don’t know how the weather is where you are, but March is certainly not coming in like a ‘lion’ here. Definitely more like a lamb. The high is near 70 degrees today!
We have parent/teacher conferences today and tomorrow. School started 4 hours late today, since teachers will be staying later in the evening. So this means that I got to sleep in until 7 am, hit the gym for a nice long workout (Bodypump and cardio) and have breakfast AT HOME. The morning was leisurely and not rushed, which is such a nice change of pace. Tomorrow we report to work at the normal time, and the kids get out early (and we stay for conferences until the time we usually go home). I’m subbing for my old early morning spin class though, so that means the day will start at 4:30 am. Yikes! (Seriously though- any day that I can get paid to work out isn’t so bad.)
In the spirit of the first of the month, I’m checking back in on last month’s goals and how I did:
1. Do something fun for my birthday. Check. Holla!
2. Create more original vegan recipes. Not so much. I have cooked many vegan dishes this month, but none have been completely original. Almost all were “inspired by” another recipe.
3. Eat less at night. Ever since I started Jackie’s plan, I have rocked the house on this one. After dinner, I have a cup of tea and my Adora dark chocolate calcium supplement (a whopping 30 calories) to satisfy my sweet tooth. Luckily, it’s become a habit.
4. Track my eats using my cell phone. I started using My Fitness Pal in February and LOVE IT. It’s really opened my eyes to exactly where my calories come from and inspired me to make a lot of changes. I track on my computer, ipad, phone… it all syncs up and I love it!
5. Get some tests done. Got my thyroid checked- it’s normal. Which is good- but still doesn’t explain my hypothyroidism symptoms.
6. Do yoga at least twice a week. Not so much. Once a week though. On really nice days, I just can’t help myself and choose a brisk walk or run over yoga. I know that might not sound bad- but my body really needs yoga.
7. Be more conscious of the “why?” (From Tina’s post) Sorta. I’m going to keep working on this.
8. Love and embrace my body a bit more You know what- I am actually making progress on this! Since I stopped eating so much at night and have focused on having more calories consumed before dinner, I have noticed a big change in how my body feels when I wake up in the morning. For the last week or two, I’ve actually noticed my stomach feeling and looking flatter- and that is a great feeling!
9. Learn the choreography for Bodypump 80! Oh yeah. So easy- done.
10. Grow my nails. Again- sorta. They did grow, some broke, but now I have that super strength 2-week polish on them that will keep them from breaking and help them grow. This goal needs to bleed over to March.
And just because I don’t want this post to be without any photos, here’s one I took of Bear Lake (in Rocky Mt. National Park) during one of my trips to Colorado.
And now onto this month: here they are…
1.To not fall off the wagon I am going on two full (successful) weeks with Jackie Warner’s eating/weight loss plan, and really want to keep the motivation going. I know me- I could slowly start returning to eating habits that hinder my progress at any time. So not gonna let that happen…
2. One drink per week This kind of goes with #1, but alcohol is a big no-no on Jackie’s plan. Honestly- if Greg is having a beer or glass of wine with dinner- I usually have one sip (and I’m fine with that) but want to just stick on having one drink on either Friday or Saturday night.
3. Grow my fingernails and not let them break Just like last month, except I’m going into this month was a great start on that.
4. Get better quality sleep I’ve actually been really good about going to bed early- but the quality of my sleep sucks. I think a lot of this is due to letting the dogs sleep in the bed (which they completely hog). I need to put my foot down and say no to this.
5.Yoga, yoga, yoga Again, as mentioned above- I really need this at least 2x a week. My body and mind are just way better off when I have a regular yoga routine.
6. Organize a blogger meet-up/fun social outing I’m going to try to organize something for the last (full) weekend in March. I don’t know much more than that- but if you’re a DC-area blogger, hit me up!
7. Have ‘the big talk’ with Greg about the future I feel like I’m at a major crossroads with my career/family/housing situation and feel really unstable about all of it. Greg and I really need to have some uninterrupted time to figure out what the next few years look like.
8. Smile more! Spring is around the corner and “winter” will soon be a distant memory. That makes me happy. Happy people should smile more. 🙂
Just 8 goals this month- but- most of these are a bit challenging. I’m really hoping to accomplish them all!
How’s your March so far? What are your goals this month?